Download Full Text (25.1 MB)
This issue of the magazine includes the following features:
- The Hidden Campus: Chet Raymo, professor of physics at Stonehill for twenty-five years, takes us on a nature hike through campus where we discover some of Stonehill's "hidden treasures.''
- Stonehill College Commencement: More than 480 baccalaureate and honorary degrees were conferred at the College's 38th Commencement on May 21 where Charles Osgood, of CBS News, gave the keynote address.
- Special Commencement Feature Helen M. Moriarty, '89 became the College's oldest graduate at Commencement when she received her bachelor of science degree in business administration. Marilyn Hancock, staff writer for the Enterprise in Brockton, interviewed Helen at her home in Canton.
- Three Dedications at Stonehill: The Rev. George P. Benaglia, C.S.C. Hall, Donald and Beverly Flynn Hall, and Sally Blair Ames Sports Complex were dedicated this spring and have made a positive impact on campus life.
- Reunion Weekend 1989: Alumni from the Classes of 1954, 1959, 1964, 1969, 1974, 1979, and 1984 returned to campus June 2-4 for a memorable weekend of reacquaintance and . . remembrance.
- Introducing the Stonehill College Athletic Hall of Fame Eight members of the Stonehill Community are the charter inductees of the newly established Athletic Hall of Fame.
Stonehill College Office of Communications and Media Relations, "Stonehill Alumni Magazine/Summer 1989" (1989). Stonehill Alumni Magazine. 5.